We are always looking for enthusiastic, friendly and well presented people who enjoy serving customers. Positions become available regularly in particular for cashiers and night fillers please complete the online application form.
Klose’s Supermarkets have been selling groceries in the Adelaide Hills since our first store opened back in 1902. Now after more than 100 years we operate six stores throughout the hills at Balhannah, Birdwood, Littlehampton, Lobethal, Nairne and Woodside, offering employment opportunities to our local community
We are very proud of our Hills community and source only the finest and freshest products our local and partner organisations have to offer. We support many community groups, educational institutions and sports & recreational organisations, recently named 2020 NATIONAL Foodland/IGA Excellence Awards ‘Community’ Winner.
We are committed to creating a culture that treats everyone with respect and that encourages our people to be their best by enabling them to reach their full potential. We are looking for likeminded, dynamic individuals to join our team.
The opportunity: Meat Manager
Fully qualified and experienced Butcher with management experience to join our team.
The position reports to the Fresh Foods Manager.
This role is offered as a full time position, 42 hours per week, rotating roster Monday to Friday and every second Saturday.
Key responsibilities include:
- To maximise profitability by effectively managing product quality, wages, rostering, controllable expenses, budget allocations and ensuring employees are coached to exceed sales targets.
- To maximise profitability by producing a quality product in a timely manner according to HACCP standards;
- Managing staff to ensure maximum productivity by reviewing work undertaken during each shift;
- Complete orders according to the order schedule and in accordance with current stock holdings
- Undertake weekly stock take in accordance with store procedures in the Meat Managers absence;
- Control stock to ensure lines are in-stock and are on display at all times;
- Ensure the store room area is hygienically clean by adhering to HACCP standards;
- Monitoring of products and recording of results;
- Provide outstanding customer service and the positive promotion of the company;
- Ensure equipment operates effectively, and report any malfunctions to the Store Manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience as a qualified butcher;
- Demonstrated capacity to consistently deliver a high level of customer service and develop and maintain on-going customer relationships;
- Experience in effective coaching, leading and motivating employees;
- Merchandising skills and ability to cross sell and value add;
- General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Experience in following order schedules;
- Developed written and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to control stock.
- A working knowledge in a Retail environment will be highly regarded.
- full time secure employment
- friendly, positive culture
- commitment to training and development
- competitive salary based on skills and experience
- staff discount card
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please email your covering letter and your current resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be an Australian Citizen and have permanent residential status to be considered for this position.
Klose’s Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies and undergo a National Police Clearance.