We are always looking for enthusiastic, friendly and well presented people who enjoy serving customers. Positions become available regularly in particular for cashiers and night fillers please complete the online application form.
Butcher – Full Time – Adelaide Hills Location
Klose’s Supermarkets is a family owned business based in the Adelaide Hills
Klose’s Supermarkets have been selling groceries in the Adelaide Hills since 1902. After operating for more than 100 years we now have stores in Balhannah, Birdwood, Littlehampton, Lobethal and Woodside. We have our sixth store in Nairne due to open this Spring. We pride ourselves on being a part of the Adelaide Hills community which enables us to offer employment opportunities to our locals.
We source only the finest and freshest products our local and partner organisations have to offer. We support many community groups, educational institutions and sports & recreational organisations.
We are committed to providing a culture of fairness and respect for all our staff members. We support our people through training, mentoring and guidance. We are looking for likeminded, dynamic individuals to come and join our team.
An opportunity has arisen for a fully qualified and experienced Butcher to join the team. This role could be your chance to be an influential employee in a local and growing organisation.
The position reports to the Meat Manager, and is required to give direction and leadership to a small team in the absence of the Meat Manager.
This role is offered as a full time position subject to a satisfactory probation and performance review.
Key responsibilities include:
- To maximise profitability by producing a quality product in a timely manner according to HACCP standards;
- Managing staff to ensure maximum productivity by reviewing work undertaken during each shift;
- Complete orders according to the order schedule and in accordance with current stock holdings in the absence of the Meat Manager;
- Undertake weekly stock take in accordance with store procedures in the Meat Managers absence;
- Control stock to ensure lines are in-stock and are on display at all times;
- Ensure the store room area is hygienically clean by adhering to HACCP standards;
- Monitoring of products and recording of results;
- Provide outstanding customer service and the positive promotion of the company;
- Ensure equipment operates effectively, and report any malfunctions to the Store Manager.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Experience as a qualified butcher;
- Demonstrated capacity to consistently deliver a high level of customer service and develop and maintain on-going customer relationships;
- Experience in effective coaching, leading and motivating employees;
- Merchandising skills and ability to cross sell and value add;
- General computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Experience in following order schedules;
- Developed written and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to control stock.
- A working knowledge in a Retail environment will be highly regarded.
- full time secure employment
- friendly, positive culture
- commitment to training and development
- competitive salary based on skills and experience
- staff discount card
If your skills and experience match the criteria and you are seeking a new challenge in a supportive and motivational environment, please email your covering letter and your current resume to: email@example.com
You must be an Australian Citizen and have permanent residential status to be considered for this position.
Applications close Wednesday 14th October 2020
Klose’s Supermarkets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and applicants will need to comply with our Corporate Policies and undergo a National Police Clearance.